Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sweet Sixteen


My beautiful baby girl turned sixteen on April 5th. Yes, it's hard to believe. Kind of surreal. Just like the night she was born. I remembering looking down at her perfect, sweet little face. She had the longest eyelashes. And I could hardly believe she was really mine. I'm humbled and thankful that Father in Heaven sent her to me. I love being her Mom.


For her birthday I checked her out of school and we went to lunch and shopping. Well, that was the plan but we ended up seeing a movie instead of the shopping. It was spontaneous and fun. And actually, if you know Kaylie, it made more sense. She would much rather grab a bucket of popcorn and watch a movie, than shop.
For her birthday she asked for cheesecake, and the movie Tangled. She is just a little bit obsessed with that movie. I think it's safe to say that Rapunzel and Kaylie are very much alike. Alter ego's if you will. Hence, the obsession. And someday when her prince finally comes I have a sneaking suspicion his name will be Flynn Rider. Or at the very least, Eugene. :)

When Kaylie was little, like two or three. You know, the temper tantrum stage. Whenever she would get really upset, I would start singing a Primary song really softly to her and she would immediately calm down and listen. She found it comforting. I love that about her. She's the only one of my children that ever worked on. The rest of my kids were much more interested in the fit they were throwing than my singing. (Not that I can blame them). Kaylie is very sensitive to spiritual things. Kaylie is profoundly artistic. She loves to draw. She loves to write. She loves photography. And she loves music. She is very good at all of them. One of her favorite things to do is play her Viola. You put that bow in her hand, and all is right with the world.


I'm so glad she's ours. :)


2 comments:

My Heart Squared said...

Natalie: I JUST found your blog! Yippee for me. And in reading this post - I will remember Kaylie birthday forevermore because it is Minna's birthday, too!
I hope you are doing well! And I am happy I will be able to read up on your family! Lots of love from me to you! I miss our VT visits!

Gracie said...

Happy Birthday Kaylie! I love you lots. Call me!